Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Larry J. Durdines

Ten Mile Creek Country (listed in our links) is one of the blogs that inspired me to make this one.I check it every few days and was saddened to learn of the passing of its author,Larry J. Durdines.I met Larry in the early 90's at the jam nights we had at Koratichs in Waynesburg.He was a sweet guy who loved the blues and was a great player.
Larry's blog is among the best I've ever seen.The attention to detail and first hand experience made me love this area even more.I would venture to say I learned as much from his blog as I did in any history class...but his was more important,as it was OUR history.I hope the blog remains and I urge you to check it out if you haven't already.
Larry,I'll see ya on the other side,bro...

No comments:

Post a Comment