Thursday, March 3, 2011

Additional Nemacolin mine pictures. Abandoned Nemacolin, PA mine.



Not long after Chip, Danielle and myself went to the Nemacolin mine to shoot some video for the blog,   my dad wanted to head on down and shoot some pictures of his own.    The following are mainly dads pictures and I thought I'd share them.
As usual, click the pictures to enlarge. 



Youngstown Sheet and Tube owed the Nemacolin mine.  My grandfather worked at YS and T before I knew where Nemacolin was.


Remains of an old AC generator.  Too large to steal, most likely why it is still here.








































































1 comment:

  1. My Grandfather, Father & Uncle all worked at the Buckeye Mine in Nemacolin, Pennsylvania. Thanks so much for taking the pictures. I'm proud to be a coal miner's daughter.

    ReplyDelete