Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yet Another Victim. Lams Chinese Garden and The Colonial Bar. Waynesburg, PA

Post from the road..... Earlier today, Dad sent me these two pictures from Waynesburg, Pa's "business district" on High Street. The Colonial Bar, a seedy under belly of uptown Waynesburg and the former Lams Chinese Garden, perhaps Greene County PA's first venture into the oriental cuisine. Before that, I remember it as Balsamos Pizza. John Balsamo always was good to us kids who stopped in to play the latest video games. I fondly remember Tempest, Battle Zone and the knock off Kong Gorilla there. He always gave us a free slice or two as we put in the quarters. A victim to yet another parking lot (my theory) for the sprawling Waynesburg College, er.... University. Well done Waynesburg.



 

Thanx to  Darla Lemley Merritt via Mary Ann Scott  for the last picture!

And, as it was.....

Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I hate it when that happens.

    Mr. Balsamo sounds like Mr. Palumbo from the pizza shop that I used to frequent when I was a kid :)

    I see something from my "to-do" list at the lefthand side of the picture (the Waynesburg Theater) I wish I had made it there before its neighbors were pummeled to the ground :(

    ReplyDelete